This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
Excess Hours Fee
Effective Fall 2009, all undergraduate degree seeking students entering UWF are subject to s.1009.286. The statute was implemented to encourage each undergraduate student who enrolls in a state university to complete the student’s respective baccalaureate degree program in the most efficient way possible while providing for access to additional college coursework. The bill requires universities to add a surcharge to each credit hour taken in excess of the total number of credit hours required to complete the degree being pursued.
Students whose initial enrollment at any institution of higher education beginning Fall 2009 and later may be assessed excess hours fees if they exceed the number of hours required for the degree program. Students whose initial enrollment as a degree seeking undergraduate in any institution of higher education was prior to Fall 2009 are exempt from excess hours.
See Excess Hours information for specific excess hour fees.
The following credit hours are included when calculating credit hours taken by a student:
- All credit hours for courses taken at UWF, including failed courses, courses from which a student withdraws, and repeated courses.
- All credit hours earned at another institution and accepted for transfer to UWF and applied toward the student’s baccalaureate degree program.
Credit hours earned under the following circumstances are not calculated as excess hours:
- Credit earned through articulated accelerated mechanisms
- Credit hours earned through internship programs
- Credit hours required for certification, re-certification, or certificate programs
- Credit hours in courses from which students must withdraw due to reasons of medical or personal hardship
- Credit hours taken by active-duty military personnel
- Credit hours required to achieve a dual major
- Remedial and English as a second language credit hours
- Credit hours earned in military science courses that are part of the ROTC program
Deadline to request an adjustment to your initial Excess Credit Hour Baseline:
Adjustment requests of the initial Excess Credit Hour Baseline total must be received during the first 12 months at UWF; no exceptions. Per University policy, appeals to the initial calculation total that are received after the first 12 months of enrollment cannot be considered.
Deadline to request an adjustment of credit hours earned while in attendance at UWF:
Adjustment requests of credit hours added to your counter after initial enrollment must be submitted within one year of the course being attempted or the credit being posted to your UWF transcript will remain in your Excess Credit Hour Calculator.