This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
The non-degree classification is used only by those students who will not be working toward a degree at UWF. Successful completion of courses in this classification does not provide a basis for degree status.
Students who have never attended UWF must complete the Undergraduate Non-Degree Application. Students are not required to submit an application fee or transcripts for admission purposes unless specifically requested to show eligibility or to show that a course prerequisite has been satisfied. Students wishing to attend as non-degree seeking and are not classified as a dual enrollment student must be 18 years or older or have a high school diploma or its equivalent. An exception to this is granted for students enrolled in special programs for which the university has a contract. Students who do not meet this requirement and are attending a high school that does not participate in Dual Enrollment will be required to meet Dual Enrollment requirements in order to enroll as a Non-Degree seeking student. These students will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Returning non-degree students not in attendance at UWF for three or more consecutive academic semesters (including the summer semester) must complete the Undergraduate Non-Degree Application.
Important Information for Non-Degree Students
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid benefits
- Current and continuing degree-seeking students have course registration priority.
- Compliance with the immunization policy, per University Policy SA-12, Immunization Requirements, as it may be amended, is required prior to registration.
- To be considered for degree-seeking status, students must complete and submit the application for admission, including all required documentation and the non-refundable application fee before the published application deadline date for the term desired.
- Coursework completed at UWF as a Non-Degree seeking student cannot be used as a part of evaluation for admission to UWF as a Degree-Seeking student.