General Readmission

Readmission to Baccalaureate Programs

Undergraduate students not in attendance at UWF for three or more consecutive academic semesters, including summer semesters, must complete the “Application for Readmission” and provide any required documentation amassed during the absence. The Application for Readmission must be filed according to admissions deadlines. The Application for Readmission does not include an application fee. Readmitted students will have their official catalog year automatically updated for the new term of entry. Undergraduates can use the readmission application to change their major upon readmission only if their UWF grade point average is 2.0 or above.

Degree-seeking students file the Application for Readmission online with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, as a returning student. Official transcripts from each college or university attended during the period of non-enrollment at UWF must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions before the first day of classes of the semester for which the student has been readmitted. If a student is currently enrolled at another institution, the final transcript must be submitted when the term has ended. A hold will be placed on the account preventing the student from registering for future semesters until all transcripts are received.

Readmission is not automatic (see Academic Suspension and Reinstatement). Suspended students must be reinstated by the college of their former major before readmission can be completed. Students who subsequently earn an associate of arts degree (A.A.) at another Florida public institution should refer to the A.A. Degree Forgiveness Policy.