Associate of Arts
This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
Associate in Arts (A.A.): General Degree Requirements
The general A.A. degree is available to students who have met the following requirements:
- Satisfied the requirements of UWF’s General Education curriculum
- Completed at least sixty (60) semester hours of coursework
- Completed at least thirty (30) semester hours of those sixty (60) semester hours in residence at UWF
- Fifteen (15) semester hours of the thirty (30) semester hours in residence must be taken from the list of UWF General Education courses (contact the Director of General Education for details)
- Fulfilled the Gordon Rule Writing and Mathematics requirements
- Have a UWF cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- A degree will not be awarded for a student on academic probation or suspension.
- Completed the admissions foreign language requirement
- Completion of admissions civic literacy requirement (BOG Reg 8.006)
- Been admitted and enrolled at UWF in a degree-seeking status within the last five years of the date the degree is awarded. Students should contact their academic advisor to determine the minimum number of hours and courses in which to enroll. Students who need to be readmitted will be required to meet the degree requirements of the current catalog
Students who meet these requirements, are currently enrolled, and have not previously been awarded an associate's degree elsewhere may be eligible to automatically receive the A.A. degree. Students should refer to the Applying for Graduation information for additional steps. The A.A. degree will not be awarded in the same semester that the baccalaureate degree is awarded or in any semester following the completion of the baccalaureate degree.