Nursing, Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
|Degree:||Registered Nurse/ Bachelor of Science in Nursing (R.N./B.S.N.)|
|Department:||School of Nursing|
|College:||Usha Kundu, MD College of Health|
|Semester Hours Required For Degree: 124|
The Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) track is designed for those students who have already completed the RN program at a community college. This program track is offered via distance learning format and coursework is 100% online with guided clinical practice activities within the RN students' local community.
An accelerated bachelors/masters (RN to MSN) program is available for exceptionally well qualified students. Please see the requirements for this program in the Accelerated BSN/MSN section.
Potential students must complete the common prerequisites for nursing with a grade of "C" or better and either:
- Completed or "in progress" to complete the General Education requirements at the University of West Florida; or
- Earned an Associate of Arts degree from a Florida public institution; or
- Earned the equivalent from another college or university
Acceptance to the University does not constitute admission to the upper division nursing program. A separate departmental application must be made to the program; deadlines and the online application for the fall, spring, and summer terms are available on the RN-BSN webpage.
State tuition waivers may be utilized in this program.
Not all states authorize online programs, if you are residing outside of Florida you will want to check the status of your state's acceptance of this program: http://uwf.edu/online/out-of-state-students/state-authorization/
This program will not meet immigration requirements for students holding an F1 or J1 Visa to maintain status. Contact the International Student Office for further information: http://uwf.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/international/
In addition to the University’s general admission requirements as described in the Undergraduate Admissions section of the catalog, students seeking the B.S.N. must meet the following additional requirements at the time of application:
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree from a community college
- Minimum overall GPA 2.75 on 4.0 scale
- STA 2023 Elements of Statistics completed with a minimum grade of "C"
- No more than 12 hours of non-major coursework outstanding
- Current unencumbered United States RN license in the state(s) student will reside while completing any portion of the nursing coursework.
- Military spouses holding a valid U.S. registered nursing license and stationed at an overseas U.S. base may be considered for admission
If requested, satisfactory completion of Level 2 criminal background check, VECHS fingerprint, and drug screen through the selected provider
Students earning a B.S.N. must complete all University General Education and Foreign Language requirements prior to the final semester of coursework in the RN to BSN Nursing major. It is strongly recommended that all 8 courses which comprise the 'Florida Nursing Common Pre-requisites' be completed prior to entry into the major coursework in order to facilitate timely progression through the program coursework. STA 2023 Elements of Statistics must be completed prior to admission into the nursing major.
A minimum grade of “C” is required in all major and major-related courses.