Information Technology, M.S.
This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
|Degree:||Master of Science (M.S.)|
Building 4, Room 326
|College:||Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering|
|Semester Hours Required For Degree: 30|
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program will prepare students for leadership roles in the IT sector. This program will train the next generation of IT professionals who are interested in broadening and gaining deeper knowledge of new and emerging technologies. The program will provide students with a strong foundational core of theoretical knowledge as well as deeper knowledge and skills through elective courses.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Admissions section of the catalog, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the following criteria are used to assess the potential success of each applicant:
- Minimum undergraduate institutional GPA of 3.0
- Undergraduate degree major
- Submission of a resume or CV
- The applicant’s motivation for pursuit of a Master of Science in Information Technology degree, extent of related work experience in the field, and future goals related to the attainment of a Master of Science in Information Technology degree described in a letter of intent written by the applicant
- Submission of any professional or industry certifications earned by the applicant (optional)
- Contact information for two academic or professional references who can address the applicant’s ability to succeed in our graduate program.