College Mission Statements
This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
The College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities engages students in the study of the Liberal Arts to prepare them for success in all aspects of life. Our mission is to educate new generations of civic and professional leaders, to foster individual growth, and to build vibrant communities by contributing to the richness of cultural and artistic life.
College of Business
The College of Business prepares students for successful careers in business and society through high-impact, student-focused educational experiences with face-to-face and online delivery. We conduct relevant and innovative research that contributes to business practice, enhanced educational opportunities, and business theory. We engage in value-added practices to serve the business and academic communities.
College of Education and Professional Studies
The mission of the College of Education & Professional Studies is to:
- Deliver high-quality, impactful educational programs that purposefully engage students to prepare for professional success;
- Promote reputable and effective teaching strategies meeting the needs of students and the global community;
- Produce and support significant scholarly and creative research;
- Commit to community partnerships and service through meaningful initiatives
Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
The mission of the Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering (HMCSE) at the University of West Florida is to help make a better world through innovative programs of excellence in education, research, and public and professional service at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The College promotes the production of highly competitive graduates as judged by the highest academic standards in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
The Mission of the Usha Kundu, MD College of Health is to:
- Educate and prepare future practitioners, leaders, and innovators for successful careers in health and other related professions by providing high-impact educational experiences.
- Champion evidence-based practice through scholarship and community engagement.
- Engage in clinical, applied, and basic research as well as other forms of scholarship to advance our disciplines.
- Promote and contribute to a healthier society by transforming students into inspiring and engaged global citizens and leaders.