This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
|Degree:||Master of Science in Information Technology (M.S.)|
Network Operations Performance and Security
|College:||Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering|
|Semester Hours Required For Degree: 30-33|
The Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program will prepare students for leadership roles in the IT sector. This program will train the next generation of IT professionals who are interested in broadening and gaining deeper knowledge of new and emerging technologies. The program will provide students with a strong foundational core of theoretical knowledge as well as deeper knowledge and skills in the areas of specialization. The three areas of specialization presently available are Cybersecurity, Database Management, and Network Operations, Performance and Security.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Admissions section of the catalog, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the following criteria are used to assess the potential success of each applicant:
- Submission of one of the following graduate admission tests:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Verbal score of at least 150 and Quantitative of at least 145.
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Undergraduate degree major
- The applicant’s motivation for pursuit of a Master of Science in Information Technology degree, extent of related work experience in the field, and future goals related to the attainment of a Master of Science in Information Technology degree described in a letter of intent written by the applicant
- Indication of the applicant’s ability to succeed in our graduate program as reflected in three letters of recommendation
Cybersecurity and Database Management
|Building 4, Room 223||850-474-3241||https://email@example.com|
Network Operations, Performance and Security
|Building 4, Room 326||850-474-2098||https://firstname.lastname@example.org|