Geographic Information Science Administration
This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
|Degree:||Master of Science (M.S.)|
|Major:||Geographic Information Science|
|Certificates:||Certificate Geographic Information Science|
Certificate Geographic Information Science - Archaeology
|Department:||Building 13, Room 206|
|College:||Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering|
|Semester Hours Required For Degree: 36|
The MS in GIS Administration degree program requires a minimum of 36 credit hours, including 12 credit hours of business courses and 24 credit hours of GIS coursework. It has only one track.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
- Recommended minimum score at the 50th percentile for the verbal reasoning section and the 40th percentile for the quantitative reasoning section of the Graduate Record Examination(GRE*).
- Recommended minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
- Recommended minimum senior year/major GPA of 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
- Submission of letter of intent describing work experience and reasons for pursuing the program, including how the degree relates to career goals.
- Submission of a completed GIS capstone intention form.
- Submission of three recommendation forms by individuals familiar with the student’s ability to succeed in a graduate program.
*GRE waiver will apply to the following:
- all Graduate GIS Certificate holders with a Certificate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Undergraduate GIS Certificate holders with a Certificate GPA of 3.5 or higher
- students who hold previous MS or MA graduate degrees