This course may be taken prior to or during the same term.
|Degree:||Master of Science (M.S.)|
|Specializations:||Computer Science (CS)|
Database Systems (DB)
Software Engineering (SE)
|Department:||Department of Computer Science|
Building 4, Room 223
|College:||Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering|
|Semester Hours Required For Degree: 30|
The Computer Science Department offers three specializations for the Master of Science: Computer Science (CS), Database Systems (DB), and Software Engineering (SE).
Numerous local and regional companies and governmental agencies employ computer science students.
The department annually awards several scholarships, fellowships, and out-of-state tuition waivers to new and returning students. The department also has limited opportunities for teaching/research assistantships for new and returning students. Please see the departmental website for additional information.
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Admissions section of the catalog, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the following criteria are used to assess the potential success of each applicant:
- Submission of one of the following graduate admission tests:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA
- Undergraduate degree major
- The applicant's motivation for pursuit of a Master of Science degree, extent of related work experience in the field, and future goals related to the attainment of a M.S. degree described in a letter of intent written by the applicant
- Indication of the applicant's ability as reflected in three letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate an applicant's academic potential to succeed in a graduate program